Download full job description
Victim Advocate/Community Service Manager based at Lilah Smith Safe House (Fort Stockton)
The victim advocate/community service manager is a full time non-exempt position. Reports to the Director of Community Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, social services or related field is preferred.
- Ability to be proactive in advocating for the victim-survivor client
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to the diverse cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds of clients.
- Commitment to crisis intervention, case management and crisis counseling techniques that promotes empowerment and self-determination of the client.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to stay overnight at Shelter occasionally.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule.
- Ability to take call on a rotational basis as part of the Crisis Response Team
- The ability to communicate in English and Spanish is preferred
- Ability to travel daily to provide service throughout our service area
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner to represent the agency appropriately.
- Support the Mission, Vision & Values of the agency.
- Must maintain a professional relationship with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Agency duties shall be, but not limited to:
- Answer the Crisis Hotline during shift and provide assistance, referrals and other help as appropriate
- Provide client-centered and trauma-informed approach to client care.
- Provide intake services for any eligible client.
- Provide case management services to non- resident clients and their children in all counties of service, by assessing and meeting needs and making appropriate referrals if needs cannot be met by Agency
- Instruct, implement and facilitate safety & goal planning with non-residents and their minor children.
- Travel to assigned county offices weekly.
- Keep hospitals, court houses, bars, colleges and other pertinent gathering places stocked with brochures, tear-away flyers and other promotional items.