A team of full-time legal advocates and an attorney are available, free of charge, for survivors who need assistance with their civil issues such as protective orders for family violence, stalking, or sexual assault, divorce, child custody, child support, SACPR cases, and immigration.
Eligible survivors will work with an advocate who will educate, support, and accompany them as they prepare for the court process. All services are free of charge. Services include:
- Explanation of law enforcement and legal procedures.
- Updates on the status of the investigation and the court case.
- Accompaniment to the County Attorney’ office, the District Attorney’s office and court.
- Referrals for therapy, medical services and other community resources.
- Information on probation and parole.
- Assistance in applying to Crime Victims’ Compensation.